Friday, January 3, 2014

In-demand Art Briles says TO I am a Baylor Bear

Art Briles' name has been mentioned as a desirable candidate for many open coaching jobs, including Texas'.

But the Baylor coach said on Twitter on Friday that, contrary to reports and rumors, he is "a Baylor Bear."

Shortly afterward, the school released a statement from Briles on its website:

"I have no desire to pursue other coaching positions," Briles said. "As I've said many times, I am both humbled and honored to be the head coach at Baylor University, and believe we have something special going here. I look forward to leading the Bears onto the field next fall at McLane Stadium and defending our Big 12 championship that our players and coaches worked so hard to win this season.

"There is tremendous excitement for our program's future, and I look forward to many more great seasons at Baylor," he added. "There is tremendous commitment from our University leadership, athletic administration, coaches and student-athletes - it truly is a great time to be a Baylor Bear."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding the right hotel just got a whole lot easier - HotelsCombined.com